Roulade of beef
Roulades of beef is a very classical ‘cook at home’ dish and is often being presented as a kind of Sunday roast. Served with jus, the roulades of beef are accompanied by potatoes and vegetables.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 200 g dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 twigs of rosmary
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons full of olive oil
- 8 thin roulades of beed, around 90 g each
- Salt and peper
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 300 ml red wine
- 600 ml beef stock
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- Season, cover, roll up: Season thin, lean beef slices with salt and pepper, spread on one side with mustard and cover with bacon and gerkin slices. Roll the slices and place them tightly in the granite-enameld container.
- Sear and braise: In a container sear the beef with some oil from all sides. For the sauce, season the small cut root vegetables with a little tomato paste in a new tray and roast with the broth (and depending on taste with wine).
- Braise in combi steam: Place the beef roulades together with bay leaves, root vegetables and the stock in a high container and braise all together for about 1 to 1.5 hours at 130 ° C and 30% humidity.
- Puree, taste, ready: Remove the beef roulades and the bay leaves from the container and purée the vegetables. Season the sauce and refine with cream or crème fraîche. Through the vegetables, the sauce is viscid and does not usually need to be thickened.
You may also like these recipes: