Sweet potato, turnip and wild mushroom gratin
For a perfect result, let the gratin rest for 10 minutes after cooking.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 cups of Shiitake and morel mushrooms roasted and chilled
- (toss cleaned mushrooms with 2tbs Olive oil, salt and pepper, use grilled vegetable program to roast the mushrooms)
- ½ C shredded Parmesan Reggiano
1. Step: Select “ Potato Gratin” program on the Combi and start preheat. 2. Step: Whisk together the cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper until smooth. 3. Step: In a 2-inch half size hotel pan, arrange an even layer of sweet potatoes and turnips. Drizzle with a ¼ cup of the cream, sprinkle with ½ cup of roasted mushrooms. Repeat process to make 8 to 10 layers. Press down on the layers to totally submerge the sweet potatoes and turnips in the cream mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly on top layer. 4. Step: Bake Gratin in the Combi, at program end remove the Gratin and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.