Combi roasted, brined turkey
Brine the Turkey overnight in 8 liters of vegetable broth or make basic brine using the recipe below.
One 5-7 kg Turkey
- 8 liters of hot water
- 2 cups salt (kosher)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 sprigs rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 3 to 4 sprigs thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 3 to 4 sprigs sage (or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Step: Using a tall bucket, combine all ingredients, mix well to dissolve salt and sugar. Chill the brine before adding the turkey and refrigerate overnight. 2. Step: Before roasting, pat Turkey dry with paper towels, do not season Turkey. Optional at this point, you can push some sliced chilled butter under the breast skin. 3. Step: To roast the Turkey, preheat the Combi using the “Roast Turkey” program. 4. Step: Set Turkey on a wire shelf in the center of the Combi. Insert the core temperature probe into the thickest part of the breast.